- 'Wroxeter Gladiators' -This painting is a celebration of Britannia's first Galdiatorial show at Wroxeter, Roman City, Shropshire in 2011. The Bath House shown here was recently built over part the existing site by modern-day builders using the original building techniques as used by the Roman craftsman.
- 'Fighting Gladiators' - These three pieces are inspired by the Roman Gladiator mosaics and frescoes. Size: both 20 x 15cm.
- 'Colchester Gladiator Vase with drinking cups' - I set up several reproduction drinking vessels which I photographed for reference. The glass cups are Gladiators, based on a museum find. The vase with grapes in, in the background is based on the blackware Gladiator vase in Colchester museum, Essex UK.
- 'Roman Glass Fruit Bowl' - This is my version of a fresco from Pompeii. Size 14.8 x 29.7cm.
- 'Mithras Mysteries'- Based on the stone altarpiece from Capua, Italy 4th Century AD and painted fresco for the colour scheme. Size 14.8 x 29.7cm.
- 'Constantine I'- My interpretation of the first Christian Roman emperor, with a Byzantine style to it.
© All rights reserved by Simon Barnes 2019.